Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Much Ado About MOPS

Today I attended my very first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting.

And I quite liked it.

Jackson got to go in a room with all the kids and play and I got to interact with other women who have young children. And who live in Norwalk. It was a two-for-one deal for me. I've lived here for 6 1/2 years and I still feel like I don't know anyone. This was just perfect.

They did some introductions and then there was a speaker on children's first aid. It was really interesting and we even got to make first aide kits for our cars. Mine is proudly located in my glove box. Then we broke into groups and answered health-related questions like how we baby-proofed our house and why kids seem to wear their boo-boos as badges of honor. All of the moms were super-nice and I felt at ease talking to them.

The group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month but I secretly wish it was every week. :)

1 comment:

Stayllo said...

I'm glad to hear you finally got to go to MOPs! I miss it so much! Its sad that my kids are too old for me to go.